(Records Given by Mrs. Albert L. (Ramsey) Nason, Darling, Mississippi 1948)
The Lewis Family
General Robert Lewis of Wales settled in Westmoreland Co., Virginia with three brothers.
Children of General Robert Lewis were William and John Lewis.
John Lewis married Frances Fielding.
- Col. Robert Lewis
- Fielding m. 1. Catherin Washington, cousin of General Washington.
Fielding m. 2. Betty Washington, oldest sister of General Washington
- Samuel m. Dorcus Fincher
Samuel married Dorcus Fincher.
- Abraham, killed in Texas
- Wiley married three times. (1) Miss Martha Summers (2) Miss Frances Lock (Frances Lock’s mother was ? Ray. (3) Miss McReynolds
- Perline m. Alex Avery
- Lucenda m. (1) Youngblood (2) Oswalt
- Lucy m. Deshazo
- Jonathan Dorcus (From record I do not know connection.)
- James m. Miss Thrailkil
Wiley married the second time Miss Francis Lock.
Wiley born January 28, 1809. Died December 11, 1887. m. about 1844 to Miss Frances Lock, born October 23, 1824, probably North Carolina, died January 8, 1859, Webster Co., Miss.
Children of Wiley & F. Lock:
- Louise Lewis, born Sept. 2, 1849, probably Clay Co., Miss. died Sept. 6, 1907 probably Comancha Co., Texas. married Oct. 3, 1874 to Shelton Lovic Pierce Ramsey, born June 16, 1850, died June 12, 1923.
- Roena m. Will Brett. moved to Texas.
- Wiley Lewis, Jr. m. Fannie Foster (father M. E. Preacher)
- Frances m. Jim Adkins–children: Beulah, Cavinci, Myrtle, Joe, Tom
- Dorcus m. (1) Fullus (2) Hawthrone
- Jonithas E. Lewis m. Mary Ellis
- Oliver Lewis reared family in Louisiana.
- Susan m. Herring
- Lucinda m. Livingston
- Jesse m. Sallie Price
Erastus Lewis m. Sue Brooks
William J. Lewis m. Matilda Woodall
Nathan Lewis m. Ella Straban
Mollie m. Minrod
Shelton Lovic Pierce Ramsey, born June 16, 1850, Salem, Alabama. died June 12, 1923, Drew, Mississippi.
m. Louise Lewis October 3, 1874.
born Sept. 2, 1849, Cedar Bluff, Mississippi
died Sept. 6, 1907, Hamilton Co., Texas
- Ila Bell Ramsey, born July 25, 1875, Choctaw Co., Miss. (Living in Quitman Co., Miss. 1948) Married Albert L. Nason June 13, 1897. Born April 8, 1870, Choctaw Co., Miss., Died Oct. 27, 1947, Quitman Co., Miss.
- Ivy Wayne “Tobe” Ramsey, born Oct. 16, 1879. Living in Westbrook Co., Texas 1948. Married Pinkie Nason (Sister to Dr. A. L. Nason). Born Jan. 28, 1876. Died Oct. 21, 1945.
- John Laney Ramsey, born April 17, 1881. Died Oct. 30, 1923. Married May Owen.
- Lovic Pierce Ramsey, born Feb. 17, 1883. died April 1, 1918, Sunflower Co., Miss. Married Willie Clegg.
- Frances Missouri Ramsey, born Oct. 16, 1884 (Living in Hamilton Co., Texas 1948) Married Tom Shockley.
- Lula Ethel Ramsey, born Feb. 23, 1888 (Living in Drew, Miss. 1948) Married Fred Ricks, M. D.
- Wiley Lewis Ramsey, born Nov. 30, 1886, Died July 22, 1888.
- Shelton Alvin Ramsey, M. D., born Aug. 4, 1889, died Feb. 5, 1922.
- Pluma Roena Ramsey, born June 7, 1891 (Living at Scott, Miss. 1948) Married I. I. Pogue, M. D.
- Altha Della Ramsey, born Oct. 16, 1893 (Living in Memphis, Tennessee 1948) Married Sol Thornton.
Children of Ila Bell (Ramsey) Nason and Albert L. Nason:
- Irma Bell Nason (Twin), born July 30, 1906 (Living in Parkin, Ark. 1948) Married (1) Will Jumper Dec. 20, 1924
Children: (1) Billie Jumper, born October 6, 1925, Cotton Plant, Ark. Married Gloria Nicholas May 17, 1946, Boston, Mass. Child: Patricia Ann Jumper, born July 22, 1947. (2) Andrew Albert Jumper, born Sept. 11, 1927 (U. S. Coast Guard 1948)
2. Estha L. Nason (Twin), born June 30, 1906. (Living in Quitman Co., Miss 1948) Married June 29, 1930 to James Newton White, born ?. Child: Ann Newton White, born Nov. 17, 1945.
3. Lou Alice Nason, born Aug. 15, 1914, Maben, Miss. Married Dec. 10, 1941 to Walker Hassell Smith (Living in Oxford, Mississippi 1948)
The Nason Family
Tom Nason was a guard on the island of St. Helena when Napoleon was a prisoner there. Tom and his brother (twin brother) John Nason came to America, landing in New York. Tom Nason came here to study to become a Catholic priest. Instead of completing his intended study, he married Miss ? Griffith, and moved to Virginia.
Children of Tom & ? Griffith Nason:
- John Nason, born October 30, 1843. Died Oct. 6, 1912. Married Sarah Ann Davis, born March 27, 1852. Diedc Nov. 1918. Her mother was Sarah Ann Quinn. Brother was Jim Davis. Her father went to Texas. Sarah Ann (Quinn) Davis married the second time, Wesley Cristopher.
- William Nason m. Betty Griffin
- Lancaster m. Sue Thrailkil
- Mary m. Montgomery
- Nancy m. Bill Reeves
- Margaret called (Mug) married three times, prob. 2nd Hack Woodson.
Children of John & Sarah Ann (Davis) Nason:
- Albert L. Nason, M. D., born April 8, 1870 Choctaw Co., Miss. Died Oct. 27, 1947, Quitman Co., Miss. Married June 13, 1897 to Ila Bell Ramsey (see Lewis, Ramsey), born July 25, 1875. (Living in Quitman Co., Miss 1948)
- Tom Griffin Nason, born Aug. 30, 1875, (Living in Choctaw Co., Miss. 1948) Married Letha Carr.
- Pinkie Nason, born Jan. 28, 1876. Died Oct. 21, 1945. Married I. W. “Tobe” Ramsey (brother of Ila Bell (Ramsey) Nason
- Allan Richard Nason, M. D., born Oct. 16, 1880, Died Oct. 19, 1918, Married Mable Reed (Living 1948)
- Waddy Nason, born July 31, 1882, Died Jan. 7, 1916 by train accident.
- Emma Nason, born Sept. 11, 1883 (Living 1948) Married Ross Terry, Westbrook, Texas
- James Nason, born Sept. 7, 1887, Died July 10, 1930. Married (1) Edna Bailey (2) McBruce
- Robert Erastus Nason, born Aug. 4, 1890 (Living in 1948) Married Mirror White.
Cemetery and Bible Records of Quitman County, Mississippi, 1945-1951, James Gilliam Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, pages 16-20
Open Bible Photo by Petr Kratochvil
License: Public domain license.
Copyright © 2016
All Rights Reserved with Full Rights Reserved for Original Contributor